What's new
What's new

Hitachi WJ200 VFD Dead?

BHolcombe

Aluminum
I’m baffled at the moment. I was running this machine, then got nothing.

I have a hitachi wj200 2.2kw hooked up and running for about 1year.

Nothing appears to be wrong in the line, I have checked voltage at the terminals and I show voltage. Everything is tight there.

Inverter is just dead from what I can see, is there an overload to check on this?

Sorry, I've never had an issue with the WJ200s I've had in service for about a dozen years. They are my favorite VFDs. I'd start by looking for an on-board fuse that's blown.

I’m baffled at the moment. I was running this machine, then got nothing.

I have a hitachi wj200 2.2kw hooked up and running for about 1year.

Nothing appears to be wrong in the line, I have checked voltage at the terminals and I show voltage. Everything is tight there.

Inverter is just dead from what I can see, is there an overload to check on this?
Thankfully I’m an idiot. The plug worked its way out of the wall far enough that it would make contact and light the indicator pilot but not enough to power the vfd.

The newer model is the WJ-C1 which has what looks like an encoder wheel with a center push button.
The manual says the programming wheel makes it easy. The WJ-200 has membrane arrow switches.

This one has the foot print of a six pack that is 6.5 inches tall. Would you use a DC choke with it to get a bit more performance?

Last edited:

Back