What's new
What's new

Hydmech Saw Recommend/Opinion

We used the Lennox blade tension gage, and have tried between 24,000 to 31,000 as the saw and blade manufacturers have suggested.

The dealer was here yesterday and will be here again today working on it.
We've gotten blades from several different sources and all are failing so it definitely sounds like an alignment issue, but the saw tech is claiming blades are welded incorrectly. Seems like there have been several opportunities for any misalignment to have been checked/fixed though; factory, installation at our shop, and this visit from the tech...Stupid me assuming a band new saw would arrive in working condition.

Trying to give it the benefit of the doubt but so far "unimpressed" would be a generous stretch.

@Garwood Please keep an eye out for an $800 5hp autosaw, I could use one for my garage shop!

We used the Lennox blade tension gage, and have tried between 24,000 to 31,000 as the saw and blade manufacturers have suggested.

The dealer was here yesterday and will be here again today working on it.
We've gotten blades from several different sources and all are failing so it definitely sounds like an alignment issue, but the saw tech is claiming blades are welded incorrectly. Seems like there have been several opportunities for any misalignment to have been checked/fixed though; factory, installation at our shop, and this visit from the tech...Stupid me assuming a band new saw would arrive in working condition.

Trying to give it the benefit of the doubt but so far "unimpressed" would be a generous stretch.

@Garwood Please keep an eye out for an $800 5hp autosaw, I could use one for my garage shop!
called a dealer for a tech on a bandsaw, good luck :D
even under warranty I know I'm doin that shit myself, Sofa King Wee Todd Did.

those guys barely know the CNC's the saws even less.:D

Hydmech call in support was good, best resource.

edit: there has only been one time for alignment check, during factory build, and was probably not checked other than a test cut, and you have the test cut, mine came with it.
the tech didn't check alignment during install, and more than likely not during a visit either. It's probably never been checked other than the test cut at factory.

Last edited:

Back