What's new
What's new

I need to start accepting credit cards. What do you recommend?

yep, why I like canada, email money transfer, bank to bank.
CC is just a pain for $200 unless you do it all day, just have to say cash only, no skin off my back if they want to go elsewhere.
Taking credit cards through say paypal (which is what I do) is as easy as any of this stuff. Not a pain at all. I hate it and all the bottom feeding scum involved with a passion but it's because they made it very easy that it's so common. Probably all better in Canada though I figure (???).

There really isn't anything to setting up a paypal invoicing.
I ass_u_me that you likely already have an account?
Not even sure that there is much to that?
You would need your bank routing info for that tho - IF you want to take that money back out.
If you use it to buy other stuff, you likely wouldn't even need that...

Just go to their site and prolly go to "my account" maybe?
Find INVOICING
All you need is the customers e-mail address and fill in the amount, and SEND.

They get a notification to their email, they open it up and pay with their C/C and it's done.

Again, if you want to pull the $ back out, then you would need to fill in the info re: bank routing, but for $200 you could just turn it around.

No annual fees, they just take their 3% or whatnot.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

That's probably what I'll do .
I have PayPal linked to my personal accounts.
I'll just add link my business account.
He said he has paid before thru PayPal.
He said someone sent him an email with the invoice and he put in his card info ( even though he doesn't have PayPal) and the transaction worked fine.

Thanks for the info.

It’s not clear or I have forgotten by the time I read through but is the person wanting pay via CC online or in person?

I’ve used a myriad over the years. PayPal shut our account down because we sold firearm related parts and accessories, which was funny because we sold them on eBay. This was back when they were one and the same. Quickbooks and Square both assured us that if it was legal in the US we could use their services. Both locked our accounts after a few years. Zoho was great for invoicing and processing payments but I’m too stupid to use their accounting software.

Today we use stripe, and have been very happy with them. You can quickly make and send an invoice, it’s quick to export and download history. Though I wouldn’t have a clue what to do if someone physically handed me a credit card?

The shop next door to me makes lots of hydraulic hoses and does odd repair jobs for the Union Pacific railroad.. mostly the maintenance of way department and car repair department. Makes BANK doing hoses for them... they go through them like I go through socks. They only pay with credit card... issued to the department they are buying parts for.

He is a luddite... still has a desk phone, and still has the same old motorola flip open cell phone he started out with.
He grudgingly got an electronic card reader... he wanted to keep the one he had that you laid the card down in, laid a transaction slip on top of that and slid the "thing" across the paper to emboss the info off the card on the carbonless paper slip.

I'm unaware of who actually is processing his card.

Reactions: Ox
I take back everything nice I said about Stripe. They just notified us they will be terminating our service as we are a "Prohibited" business.

I use square. Simple and easy.
Got a handheld reader that looks pro and spits out a proper receipt.

2.6% n web purchases. 2.6-2.9 on in person card swipes. 3.4% for card people call in and I key in online

Back