What's new
What's new

Unusual Photo of Bridgeport for Sale

parts

Aluminum
Hello everyone, I thought I would post a very unusual photo that I saw on a Western Mass Craigslist Ad. I have never seen a Bridgeport stored like this before. How would you even get it into this position without hurting yourself? Enjoy. Tom from Mass.

Attachments

• 3Ld3I93H15L35G15H7d5f07591482140e10be.jpg
    3Ld3I93H15L35G15H7d5f07591482140e10be.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,935
Hello everyone, I thought I would post a very unusual photo that I saw on a Western Mass Craigslist Ad. I have never seen a Bridgeport stored like this before. How would you even get it into this position without hurting yourself? Enjoy. Tom from Mass.

For Sale - One slightly used Bridgeport. Only hit once while wife was backing in... as is, where is...

lol^ My thought was maybe he was doing some repairs to it, and laid it on it's side. Then once he finished the repairs(or didn't) he couldn't get it upright again and so he threw it up on CL. "you move"

Moving B.P. to storage, dropped it ( quick though to avoid being labeled Bubba )....... Yhea I meant to do that they take up less space in the storage are.

Strange thing is I know a chap who would come up with an answer like that, a mere 2 seconds after dropping or knocking it over.

Maybe is has a stuck knee gib.

You have to wonder why they would take a pic of it laying down. They could at least rotate the pic left so it looks like it's standing up. :)

Maybe he bought it, laid it down to get it through the garage door and then either had no way to get it back up OR didn't measure and it's too tall for the garage ceiling.

-Ron

So that's where she moved to? I wondered. She was canned after she picked up the roll stock next to the press, got her forks under it and tipped over the OBI. I suppose everyone's got to work somewhere.

There appears to be a slightly bent piece of pipe between the base and the knee. I'd bet that Ockham would warn us to suspect a frozen knee since that would explain the pipe, the mill's orientation, and that it is on Craigslist. Hopefully though, for the Bridgeport's sake there is another explanation.

Edit: After looking at the picture again I suspect that the pipe might just be a piece of rigid conduit attached to the flexible conduit (or whatever) you can see hanging down from the back of the head.

Someone may have heard that a Bridgeport is top heavy, and then figured if it's on its back, then it can't fall over during a move....

Back