What's new
What's new

A short rejoinder to Gordon's nonsens about healthcare

Once more with feeling:

1. Gordon, "the people" is some 320 million individuals, and a substantial majority of them LIKE THE CURRENT SYSTEM. The *majority* IS getting what it wants.

2. To the variety of people who (with some justification) say "but you don't cover all of your citizens!" - I repeat once more - We're the Americans, we're barbaric assholes, get over it.

Once more with feeling:

1. Gordon, "the people" is some 320 million individuals, and a substantial majority of them LIKE THE CURRENT SYSTEM. The *majority* IS getting what it wants.

2. To the variety of people who (with some justification) say "but you don't cover all of your citizens!" - I repeat once more - We're the Americans, we're barbaric assholes, get over it.

To 1. I'd say that your " substantial majority" has no idea of what goes on elsewhere.

To 2. There's nothing for me to get over. I have a system that works for me and as good as all others here. Pity you can't say the same.

Once more with feeling:

Your statement lacks nuance...have some complexity.
Health care is one of the nation's biggest problems: Polls - Aug. 1, 217

You may be a barbaric asshole. Don't pretend you speak for the nation.

To 1. I'd say that your " substantial majority" has no idea of what goes on elsewhere.
True. They also do not LIVE "elsewhere". Give even the dumbest of those credit for understanding that what goes on as to healthcare someplace they don't live and don't qualify for coverage under isn't really of any use BOTHERING to have an idea of.

They may be slow.. but they are ahead of YOU on that count.

To 2. There's nothing for me to get over. I have a system that works for me and as good as all others here. Pity you can't say the same.

But we can say the same. Our healthcare costs may be waaaay to Hell and gone higher than those of Denmark, but our TOTAL tax burden is much lower.

Results are in the statistics. USA has about $10,000 USD a year - over 20% - higher average Purchasing Power than Denmark NET-NET of those "Free" benefits you after all, still pay for, one way or another.

We have more as "discretionary" income accordingly, rather than tax bills among the world's highest - any and all "payback" as benefits or not.

Your challenge isn't trying to sell Health Scare system improvements.

Your REAL challenge is how to herd 324 million individuals into a Waring blender so they can be homogenized, bleached grey, stripped of ability to discriminate amongst good, bad, or indifferent because..... non-uniformity offends.

We have a large number of Danes in the USA, Gordon. Have for a long time.

You might call them "expatriates".

Others might say "escapees".

Easy to spot them for a Dane. They remember your language.

Your challenge, should you chose to accept it.. is to sort out why Danish ethnicities in the USA are living a cheerful, dynamic, and uncontrolled lifestyles, tranquilizer-free...

All whilst their ethnic cousins back in Denmark live duller, more homogenized lifestyles and even then.... need one of the highest usage rates of medications on Planet Earth to cope with it.

Why..Denmark is so dull, even the trolls have to operate offshore, lest they go mad of boredom.

There's your problem. Just enough untamable Scot left in you to be antsy.

Had you been a fully native Dane you'd have been automagically dulled-down to not even give any thought as to what the USA did or did not do, had or had not, for Healthscare.

True. They also do not LIVE "elsewhere". Give even the dumbest of those credit for understanding that what goes on as to healthcare someplace they don't live and don't qualify for coverage under isn't really of any use BOTHERING to have an idea of.

They may be slow.. but they are ahead of YOU on that count.

But we can say the same. Our healthcare costs may be waaaay to Hell and gone higher than those of Denmark, but our TOTAL tax burden is much lower.

Results are in the statistics. USA has about $10,000 USD a year - over 20% - higher average Purchasing Power than Denmark NET-NET of those "Free" benefits you after all, still pay for, one way or another.

We have more as "discretionary" income accordingly, rather than tax bills among the world's highest - any and all "payback" as benefits or not.

Your challenge isn't trying to sell Health Scare system improvements.

Your REAL challenge is how to herd 324 million individuals into a Waring blender so they can be homogenized, bleached grey, stripped of ability to discriminate amongst good, bad, or indifferent because..... non-uniformity offends.

We have a large number of Danes in the USA, Gordon. Have for a long time.

You might call them "expatriates".

Others might say "escapees".

Easy to spot them for a Dane. They remember your language.

Your challenge, should you chose to accept it.. is to sort out why Danish ethnicities in the USA are living a cheerful, dynamic, and uncontrolled lifestyles, tranquilizer-free...

All whilst their ethnic cousins back in Denmark live duller, more homogenized lifestyles and even then.... need one of the highest usage rates of medications on Planet Earth to cope with it.

Why..Denmark is so dull, even the trolls have to operate offshore, lest they go mad of boredom.

There's your problem. Just enough untamable Scot left in you to be antsy.

Had you been a fully native Dane you'd have been automagically dulled-down to not even give any thought as to what the USA did or did not do, had or had not, for Healthscare.

Not sure whether or not to reply but will make a few remarks anyway. The Danes that emigrated to the USA long ago did it for the same reason that almost all other emigrants did. Looking for a better life than they had. For the Irish it was litterally a question of life or death.

If we look at statistics then the USA is the richest country in the world but I keep remembering that if Bill Gates walked into a bar then everyone in that bar would, on average, become billionaires.

Almost all in the north of Europe enjoy a very high standard of living and the difference between the "haves" and "have nots" isn't that great. I've never liked the label "The happiest country on Earth" but the vast majority of us is pretty content with our lives and that is NOT because we have low expectations.

It is true that on paper we do pay high taxes and yet we complain about that much less than Americans do. Probably because we have a very good idea of what we are getting for our money.

Once upon a time the USA was the country almost all wanted to be like. Do you still believe that to be true?

Back