What's new
What's new

Does Chinese custom parts have a future in American market?

I don't think people would buy junk knowingly but the marked is flooded with so much merchandise a lot of people do now know what is really cheap crap from the quality merchandise.

So the country (in this case China) is manufacturing and selling crap to US consumers? Wait a minute. Who is it that's buying cheap crap to sell to the US consumers?

It can almost always be seen in which country something is made but who buys and who sells? If anything is ever to change then it's the US buyer and US distributor that are the real culprits. Who's going to make something that can't be sold?

Which country’s tourists spend the most money? | World Economic Forum

Too many of my fellow citizens are ignorant knuckle-draggers who care nothing about where it was made or the quality/cost issue.

You're not going to get any "Mr. Popularity" votes in PM :eek:

I'm hoping most would do as I do. Compare price and quality and if it's a tie or very close then buy "Made In Denmark". Of course I'd expect Americans to buy "Made in USA".

Does anybody here think ten untrained Americans can make a better product than ten untrained Chinese?
The difference is how countries train their workforce.
As for the US buying goods from China - that will continue, only now we will pay more.
If we were to bring some manufacturing back on shore, it would be filled with untrained minimum wage workers because our industrial leaders still do not understand the need for nationwide training programs. After all - that could cost money. Greed rules!!!

Last edited:
Quality means something very different to anyone under 25........anything five years old is obsolete and useless....even if its still working perfectly......so lasting has no relevance to the young.To them quality means bling and gee whiz factor.I still have a Toshiba laptop from 2003......works as well as it ever did...useless quality that cost a fortune in its day.

Quality means something very different to anyone under 25........anything five years old is obsolete and useless....even if its still working perfectly......so lasting has no relevance to the young.To them quality means bling and gee whiz factor.I still have a Toshiba laptop from 2003......works as well as it ever did...useless quality that cost a fortune in its day.

John - good point. But if you had something that worked good for five years would you not be inclined to buy from the same manufacturer again?

Doe anybody here think ten untrained Americans can make a better product than ten untrained Chinese?
The difference is how counties train their workforce.
As for the US buying goods from China - that will continue, only now we will pay more.
If we were to bring some manufacturing back on shore, it would be filled with untrained minimum wage workers because our industrial leaders still do not understand the need for nationwide training programs. After all - that could cost money. Greed rules!!!

We are spending plenty on K-12 education here in America and graduating staggering numbers of young adults that do not have a clue how to dress, count, add, subtract, multiply, divide, speak or even pay attention. I think until parents start parenting our educational system will continue to degrade. To expect trade schools and employers to teach adults what they didn't learn as a child is a pretty big setback for manufacturing and this country as a whole. I can't see throwing more money at the result doing much for the root cause.

Only partially true. Either that or "all" the young you know are different to the ones I know. It is certainly true within electronics as progress there moves FAST and prices fall. An external 2TB harddisc now costs less than half of what I paid for a 500GB one 1½ years ago. Same with for example a 55" TV. I can now buy one for $600.

Bought a new laptop a few months ago and would not hesitate to buy a new one again when they make one that also makes coffee :)

Doe anybody here think ten untrained Americans can make a better product than ten untrained Chinese?
The difference is how counties train their workforce.

I didn't find these easy to understand :eek: but maybe others will :) If nothing else it is interesting.

World Best Education Systems

Top 4 education systems in the world

Regardless, Forrest Gump did OK.

Forrest Gump (1994) | (2/3) | Genius - YouTube

The term " Worlds Best Practice " is code for "Politicians Lies To Follow".I am so sick of hearing garbage from politicians .....and the same scum have the unmitigated gall to lecture China on democracy.....must give the Chinese a giggle.,but it doesnt amuse me.

I am so sick of hearing garbage from politicians .

How many politicians have actually had a real (well paid) job before becoming a politician?

As a politician their only "job" is to find people that'll vote for them. Some seem to find that "job" much easier than others.

As to voters then how many vote for "the party" more than the person nominated by "the party"?

Are there any countries that doesn't apply to?

So the country (in this case China) is manufacturing and selling crap to US consumers? Wait a minute. Who is it that's buying cheap crap to sell to the US consumers?

It can almost always be seen in which country something is made but who buys and who sells? If anything is ever to change then it's the US buyer and US distributor that are the real culprits. Who's going to make something that can't be sold?

Which country’s tourists spend the most money? | World Economic Forum

People today will buy anything no matter how cheap or stupid the product it. Hell someone would buy a piece of toast with the face of Jesus on it.

We are spending plenty on K-12 education here in America and graduating staggering numbers of young adults that do not have a clue how to dress, count, add, subtract, multiply, divide, speak or even pay attention. I think until parents start parenting our educational system will continue to degrade. To expect trade schools and employers to teach adults what they didn't learn as a child is a pretty big setback for manufacturing and this country as a whole. I can't see throwing more money at the result doing much for the root cause.

Why learn how to add and subtract when your smart phone can do all that for you. Need to learn how to dress, I am sure there are plenty of youtube videos out they to show.

Yup, and the school taxes that are levied have never gone down.
Around here, business's pay even more than homeowners do.

How many children does a business send to school ?

Taxes for a business should go for the services that they require, mainly
police protection, fire protection, sewer & water, roads & sidewalks.

People today will buy anything no matter how cheap or stupid the product it. Hell someone would buy a piece of toast with the face of Jesus on it.

"People" no. Some people then yes. I refuse to believe you've never bought something you didn't need.

The things some collect never ceases to surprise me but to each his own.

Yup, and the school taxes that are levied have never gone down.
Around here, business's pay even more than homeowners do.

How many children does a business send to school ?

Taxes for a business should go for the services that they require, mainly
police protection, fire protection, sewer & water, roads & sidewalks.

Taxes go to, or should, the COLLECTIVE good.

Why should those that don't have kids pay towards schools?

Why should those with no cars pay for roads?

Personally I can think of many things I don't need but I still pay to.

Here an unemployment benefit can be up to max 90% of your earned wage. OK there is a max of $2,900 a month and there are conditions as can be seen from the link but unemployment can hit anyone. Very few have chosen to opt out.

Unemployment benefits in Denmark

Does anybody here think ten untrained Americans can make a better product than ten untrained Chinese?
The difference is how countries train their workforce.

In a generation time what you say will be even more true with China's 'beginner' manufacturing generation becoming second generation experienced workforce and ours being nearly extinct.
When not if China matches Japan with India and other second world countries catching up what place is ours in the world. Will London be able to run finances the dollar still be king and the US have total military might?

In a generation time what you say will be even more true with China's 'beginner' manufacturing generation becoming second generation experienced workforce and ours being nearly extinct.
When not if China matches Japan with India and other second world countries catching up what place is ours in the world. Will London be able to run finances the dollar still be king and the US have total military might?

There's no doubt as to the fact (strange writing as if a country was a person) that China is ambitious. The Chinese government is strict, for want of a better word, but how else can 1,400,000,000 people be kept almost in line. Think about the fact that the USA, with a quarter of the population, is more divided now than at any time since the Vietnamese war. The EU is no exception either as far as being divided goes. China, by comparison, is stable all things taken into consideration.

There's no doubt as to the fact (strange writing as if a country was a person) that China is ambitious. The Chinese government is strict, for want of a better word, but how else can 1,400,000,000 people be kept almost in line. Think about the fact that the USA, with a quarter of the population, is more divided now than at any time since the Vietnamese war. The EU is no exception either as far as being divided goes. China, by comparison, is stable all things taken into consideration.

Really, the USA is more divided? I got news for ya, pal. I was a little kid back in southern Georgia in the early sixties. You want to talk about divided? You've got no idea what you're talking about.

Back