What's new
What's new

Tool Grinding Block

First of all thank you to everyone who contributed as you took me back to my apprentice years! After reviewing everyone's contributions I came across one response by Jwmelvin and the photos show the type of jig I was looking for. I am going to make some of these on the CNC and have my students grind up some threading tools and do some single pointing as part of our machining class. This is how I learned as an apprentice and also gives them some practice on the surface grinder to actually make the tool they will use to thread with. Kudos to everyone!

First of all thank you to everyone who contributed as you took me back to my apprentice years! After reviewing everyone's contributions I came across one response by Jwmelvin and the photos show the type of jig I was looking for. I am going to make some of these on the CNC and have my students grind up some threading tools and do some single pointing as part of our machining class. This is how I learned as an apprentice and also gives them some practice on the surface grinder to actually make the tool they will use to thread with. Kudos to everyone!
Wondering if having the students make the blocks manually would give them a better understanding of why the angles on the block are critical to grinding a proper threading tool?

Back