What's new
What's new

Wanted ! ! !

My mistake, I do NOT have both. I have 18mm, 20mm, and 3/4".
Of course you don't have a 19mm, Deckel didn't provide them!

1700124123749.png

There are 19 mm collets available https://www.shop.santool.de/en/clam...e/collet-direct-clamping-sk40-s20x2-574e.html, chinese I suppose, and very nicely priced (the numbers that deckel's didn't provide are cheaper).

BR,
thanos

ps. I am not an expert, but I have a friend that tried the TTS on a R8 spindle and didn't work properly, they were getting pulled down. He told me that Tormach itself are not so supportive of TTS anymore, due to that, but I can't be sure. SK40 collets are not R8 of course, so it might work better for you, I guess for small tools it could make sense.

ps. I am not an expert, but I have a friend that tried the TTS on a R8 spindle and didn't work properly, they were getting pulled down. He told me that Tormach itself are not so supportive of TTS anymore, due to that, but I can't be sure. SK40 collets are not R8 of course, so it might work better for you, I guess for small tools it could make sense.

Tormach still sells machines with R8 spindles and their short 3/4" R8 and 3MT collets for TTS tooling. I've not had any problems with TTS tools in my use. I can't speak for others.

I have a 3/4" collet that i would sell.(new)
Its Asian built, Looks OK all critical surfaces ground.
Can't vouch for its accuracy (run out)
Will need to have the threads touched up....maker made draw bar threads a bit shallow.
I have reworked these before and they worked fine, no longer have the lathe i used so i can't provide that service...
$30.00 including shipping in US only
Cheers Ross

Has anyone got any surplus Deckel NC pull studs? I found some CAT40 holders that I'm likely going to be getting as part of a trade but need to source some pull studs, and already have about 8-10 holders currently with no pull studs.

Eric, you know that it is pretty easy to modify NMTB 40 Taper tool holders to match DIN 2080? Often they are for sale about the same price as a pull stud. Also, a lot of them are listed as just plain 40 Taper, no NMTB.

Been some time since I shopped for holders, but think there is a better selection , more varieties of holders in the CAT configuration.
When converting NMTB holders I always fit( red LocTite) a 5/8 11 screw into the holder draw bolt threads.
The neck on the #40 holders gets pretty thin when machined for the “Deckel” pull stud.
The set screw is a safety. Not had any issues, but not looking to take that chance.
Cheers Ross

Yes, Ross mentioned the possibility of NMTB conversion also. As I am already getting a trade for CAT40s, I may be stuck with that approach for the most part. I will certainly keep the modification possibility in mind also though.

Back