What's new
What's new

OT Boeing 777 "landing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife showed me a video of a 777 landing, don't know where or when but I would like to know the details. Red and white, 777 on the tail Boeing just ahead of the wing, no airline ID. It comes in nose down and way out of shape, big cross wind? Lands on the right main gear, drags the engine and wing tip. Then lands on the left main gear and drags the left engine and and wing tip. Then it spins out drags the gear sideways and blows a few tires, keeps on going around and ends up 180* to the landing direction and finishes off the "landing" with a tail strike! Anyone see the video, can it be posted here? Anyone know what caused it?

There's some increadibly realistic flight simulators now, and if recorded and played back on a small (phone) screen they could be mistaken for real.

The closest thing I'm seeing to a real crash like that is the 2016 bad landing of Emirates Flight 521, but while it was poorly captured on available video, it didn't seem to be "that" dramatic. And only one fatality, an unlucky fireman died during a fuel tank explosion after the passengers and crew had evacuated.

Hard to miss, I asked if anyone had it and could post it. Must mean I don't have it.
While you're looking, see if there's any of landing at the old Hong Kong airport. Down in between the buildings, try not to clip any clotheslines with the gear, make a hard left between the bank and the post office, and drop 'er on the runway before the crosswind blows you into the ocean. Better than a carnival ride.

While you're looking, see if there's any of landing at the old Hong Kong airport. Down in between the buildings, try not to clip any clotheslines with the gear, make a hard left between the bank and the post office, and drop 'er on the runway before the crosswind blows you into the ocean. Better than a carnival ride.

LOL! Kai Tak kitchen!

Remember the "its HONG KONG, HOME AGAIN!!" stench of overheated cooking oil going rancid swamping the cabin air as you came down short final on an evening suppertime arrival adjacent the buildings packed with a million or three Woks atop tiny cookers at full gallop?

Not even close to making the list of tough ones, though:

The World's 10 Most Dangerous Airports - Outlook Traveller

Here closer to home, "GVE", Gordonsville, VA is a bit of dice-roll. Has a hump in the middle, can't see both ends! If both parties aren't working the radio well, "there have been times" air still enough direction was optional, two aircraft were using the same runway from opposite ends.

Another strip, 7W4, narrow, down in the tall pines, near the nukes at Lake Anna, is pronounced "Bumpus" but spelled "Bumpass".

Kai Tak was fun, after you nearly shit yourself the first time you landed there! Flying into Busan airport in South Korea had a few fun moments in the '80s. Runway is in a valley and planes sometimes approached from the side. In a DC9 I experienced the only time I've ever heard of the pilot opening the thrust reverser cones while in flight. Plane dropped like a stone...

Kai Tak! Weren't the landing instructions to head staight for the checkerboard on the mountain, then bank hard, hard! hard!! right when you saw God? Landed there in 1988.....it was interesting!

Kai Tak was fun, after you nearly shit yourself the first time you landed there! Flying into Busan airport in South Korea had a few fun moments in the '80s. Runway is in a valley and planes sometimes approached from the side. In a DC9 I experienced the only time I've ever heard of the pilot opening the thrust reverser cones while in flight. Plane dropped like a stone...

LOL! "Korea" y'say?

Parts of it are kinda.... hilly?

:)

First check ride, new CFII, going to be doing night work, only, he calls a night-time-short-field-over-obstacle. Leesburg. My previous CFII had been Army, then 40-Mile Air, Cook Inlet, AK. Could was the steepest approach, firmest plant and shortest roll he had EVER seen.

"ALL RIGHT! WTF WAS that?
"

"Korean carrier landing."

"I didn't know the Koreans HAD any aircraft carriers?"

"They don't!"

try not to clip any clotheslines with the gear,

Only people who have been to HK would understand the clotheslines. Nothing like wondering why there’s an umbrella dealer at every MTR station on a cloudless day!

Kai Tak! Weren't the landing instructions to head staight for the checkerboard on the mountain, then bank hard, hard! hard!! right when you saw God? Landed there in 1988.....it was interesting!
I think it was, when you get to the Esso station on Nathan Rd and Tsim Sha Tsui, take a right :)

Hokey music but for people who haven't been there, some nice clips. Right side window seat, please !

Cute trick on the video, guy steals everyone else's clips, puts them together then limits it to youtube where he can make twelve cents per click. Once upon a time we made stuff to earn money .... oh well. Still a good collection of shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back